Who We Are?
Reflecting the life philosophy of the late Hacı Ömer Sabancı, the Sabancı Brothers built their future around the principle "sharing what we have obtained from this land with its people..." and set up the Hacı Ömer Sabancı Foundation (Sabancı Foundation) in 1974.
The Sabanci family has contributed greatly to furthering Turkish economy with numerous industrial conglomerates and investments since the establishment of the Sabanci Holding and Sabanci Group companies in 1967. Having placed much importance on the value of social and cultural institutions, the Sabanci family members are prominent figures in various charitable initiatives. In an attempt to institutionalize their philanthropic activities, the Haci Omer Sabanci Foundation (Sabanci Foundation) was established in 1974 by the sons of the late Haci Omer and Sadika Sabanci with a generous contribution of Sadika Sabanci’s estate.
Ongoing donations by other family members, and contributions from the Sabanci Group companies have helped to increase the scope of Sabanci Foundation’s efforts across Turkey. Today, Sabanci Foundation is one of the largest family foundations in Turkey.
Our Vision: A society in which all individuals enjoy their rights equally
Our Mission: To contribute to the educational, cultural and social development of Turkey and make a difference in the lives of individuals
Values: Love for Humanity, Sharing, Pioneering, Sincerity
Areas of Activity:
• Social Change
Since its establishment, Sabanci Foundation has built more than 120 institutions in 78 residential areas among Turkey. Currently active institutions are as follows:
- Sabanci University (www.sabanciuniv.edu)
- 38 Educational Institutions
- 19 Dormitories
- 16 Teachers Centers
- 16 Cultural Centers
- 8 Social Facilities
- 5 Sports Facilities
- 4 Health Care Centers and Hospitals
- 4 Libraries
- 9 Contributions to Other Institutions
More than 45,000 scholarships have been provided by Sabanci Foundation since 1974. Four different types of scholarships are given to 400 new students and a total of nearly 1500 students each year:
- University Admission
- Underdeveloped Provinces
- Students with Disabilities
- Sabanci Foundation-Vista Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded so that successful students with financial difficulties can pursue a university education. Scholarships are not bound to any compulsory service or repayment obligation.
Since its establishment, Sabancı Foundation has given over 1.100 awards. There are three types of awards:
- Sakıp Sabancı Art Awards
- Sakıp Sabancı Sports Awards
- Sakıp Sabancı Educational Awards
- Dilek Sabancı Educational Awards
- Sabancı Foundation Educational Awards (1994-2014)
Arts and Culture
Sabanci Foundation supports various festivals and contests to promote culture and art in Turkey.
- Sabancı Foundation Short Film Contest
- International Sabanci Adana Theatre Festival
- National Youth Philharmonic Orchestra
- Ankara International Music Festival
- Support for the excavation of the ancient city of Metropolis
- Turkish Folk Dances Contest (1994-2012)
- Mehtap Ar Children Theatrical Company (2006-2014)
Sabanci Foundation aims to enable social inclusion by promoting an equitable environment in which women, youth and persons with disabilities have access and equal opportunities to actively participate in society. We do so through grantmaking, joint partnership programs, seminars and other program activities.
- Sabancı Foundation Grant Programs
- "Turkey's Changemakers" TV Program
- Sabancı Foundation Seminars
- International Relations
- Supporting Communities