Sabancı Foundation shares the stories of Turkey’s Changemakers since 2009, creates awareness and encourages others by inspiring.
During 2009-2017 broadcast season, more than 2.200 individuals/projects have applied to be selected as Changemaker. Of these the Program’s Advisory Board selected 160 individuals/projects and prepared videos of each unique story.
Who is a Changemaker?
- Changemakers are persons/institutions who;
- Prefer to be a part of the solution in face of social problems,
- Act as an active citizen,
- Create innovative solutions for concreate and sustainable change,
- Have an inspiring story.
What does a Changemaker Do?
- Protects the environment.
- Supports education and learning.
- Contributes to economic development.
- Supports public health.
- Develops social justice.
- Promotes civic participation.
- Contributes to culture and arts.
How are Changemakers Nominated?The application form is filled out. A person/an institution can nominate oneself/itself or another person/institution. APPLY NOW
How are Changemakers Selected?
- Applicants who passed the preselection, have an interview on the phone or face to face.
- The Advisory Board makes the final decision.
- Videos that tell the stories of Changemakers are prepared.
- Videos are broadcasted on social media and several news outlets.
Benefits of Being a Changemaker?
- The Changemaker gains visibility and credibility.
- Media attention to their work increases.
- Volunteers and donations at the institution they work for increase.
- The Changemaker gains access to the Changemaker’s network.
- The Changemaker finds the opportunity to work with other Changemakers.