|Grantee:||Rural Schools Transformation Network Association|
|Purpose:||Supporting a comprehensive and quality education in rural schools by empowering teachers and sharing best practices|
|Location:||Diyarbakır, İzmir, Samsun, Şanlıurfa, Muş|
|Grant Amount:||742.768 TL|
|Project Partner:||Harran District Governorship|
|Period:||1 August 2018 - 31 July 2019|
Schooling rates in rural areas are affected by isolation, lack of materials, turnover of teachers and parents’ lack of interest. An innovative education model is necessary especially for rural schools with multi-grade classes. A student-centered, quality education model can be achieved by developing best practices, supporting teachers and creating a network of teachers who can lead the transformation in rural schools.
- 300 activities for multi-grade classes will be prepared through workshops and site visits.
- A guidebook on preventing violence at school, increasing attendance rates, creating a sense of belonging etc. will be prepared for teachers in rural schools and it will be shared with more than 500 teachers.
- Training modules will be developed for university students. 45 education faculty students of 3 different universities in İzmir, Samsun and Muş will organize workshops for children in different schools. Manuals and videos on these workshops will be prepared.
- 7 meetings will be organized in Diyarbakır and Şanlıurfa in order to gather multi-grade class teachers and create a local network.
- Peer mentorship program will be developed for teachers. 5 teachers from Şanlıurfa who attended the project last year will be mentors and support 15 teachers who have recently appointed to the region. Project team will regularly support 5 teachers in Bayburt.
- A project office will be opened in Şanlıurfa to provide a co-working space for teachers.