|Eskisehir Soroptimist Club Professional Women’s Association: Gender Responsive Budgeting Training|
Grantee: Eskisehir Soroptimist Club Professional Women’s Association
Purpose: Gender Sensitive Budgeting
Grant Amount: 34.875 TL
Partner(s): Eskisehir Metropolitan Municipality, Eskisehir Osmangazi University Women's Research Centre, Anadolu University Centre on Research of Women’s Problems
Duration: 1 October 2013 – 30 April 2014
Men and women are legally equal, however there are many inequalities between them on the socio-economic and political front. Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) is needed to remedy the inequalities on the socio-economic and political front, however the current legal arrangements do not let such budgets become operational. There is also lack of models/examples in implementing GRB.
- 14 public institutions (central and local government authorities), 14 professional chambers, 48 CSOs registered in Eskisehir will receive GRB training for three days.
- The institutions which received training will set up a GRB Platform in Eskisehir.
- The Platform will convene a Search Conference for three days and will investigate best practices and a roadmap for Eskisehir.
- The Platform will then pay visits to public authorities to make them part of the roadmap identified during the Search Conference.
- The models and content emerging from the trainings and the Search Conference will be published as a booklet and distributed.
- At the end of trainings, 14 public institutions (central and local government authorities), 14 professional chambers, 48 CSOs registered in Eskisehir will have a heightened sensitivity with respect to GRB.