|Kayseri Association of Physically Handicapped People: Well-read, Working and Productive Disabled Women|
Grantee: Kayseri Association of Physically Handicapped People
Purpose: Disabled Women’s Participation to Economic Life
Grant Amount: 35.000 TL
Partner(s): Turkish Women’s Union, Kayseri BranchProject Duration: 1 September 2014 – 28 February 2015
As of 2002, the share of disabled people in the general population was 12.2 %, while the share of disabled women was 13.4 % and share of disabled men 11 %. The labor force participation of the two sexes differ. While the labor force participation of disabled men is 32.2 % and unemployment rate of disabled men is 14.1 %, the labor force participation of disabled women is 6.7 % and unemployment rate of disabled women is 21.5 %. This discrepancy shows disabled women have a harder time to join employment market than disabled men.
- 20 disabled women will receive education on textile production.
- 200 disabled women and their families will receive seminaries on disabled women’s rights, prevention of violence against women and legal arrangements for battered women.
- A survey among 300 working disabled women will be carried out on “Disabled Women in the Labor Market”
- Awareness raising among employees via dissemination of survey results
- 1000 brochures, 100 posters and 4 roll-ups for project publicity
- Publication of 1000 project results booklet