|Blue Lake Women’s Association: Women Are Also Fellow Citizens of Van|
Grantee: Blue Lake Women’s Association
Grant Amount: 30.608 TL
Partner(s): SS Cooperative Society of Life, Women, Environment, Culture and Management (YAKA-KOOP)
Duration: 15 September 2009 – 15 April 2010
30 women (15 each from Duzyol and Haci Bekir neighborhoods) aged 18-35 years who are at a basic literacy level, local administrators and decision makers
The aim of this project is to:
- promote awareness of rural migrant women living in Duzyol and Hacı Bekir neighborhoods of the city center of Van on subjects related to urban life and urban services available to them
- provide training on human rights and gender equality (a total of seven 2-hour seminars)
- provide information about the structure of local authorities and administration offices, Van Local Equality Action Plan and Women-Friendly Cities (a total of eight 2-hour seminars).
- encourage women to participate in local decision making mechanisms (local councils).
- arrange 8 meetings with local administrators and decision makers to raise awareness about gender equal practices and policies.